411 - Project Assistant, DIM to NIM - Monrovia
|Application Type :
|Job ID/Title :
||411 - Project Assistant, DIM to NIM|
|Post Level :
|Application Deadline :
|Duty Station :
|Type of Contract :
|Post Number :
(for 100 Series Contracts)
|Languages Required :
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected canditate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :
||Six (6) months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :
Liberia has made remarkable recovery from the ravages of 14 years of civil conflict. However, the country still suffers from enormous institutional and human capacity constraints. The need for more effective and efficient implementation of development programmes to deliver expected results has never been clearer. With significant increases in finances for development comes a responsibility to ensure these resources are spent efficiently and accountably to contribute to targeted development goals. Without a focus on improving the way these resources are delivered through programmes, money will be wasted and results not met.
Key to addressing this issue is the development of national and sub-national capacities to own, manage and improve implementation functions, including: programme and project management, procurement and financial management. Moreover, developing national implementation capacities is a key objective of the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness, where donor and partner countries have committed to strengthening and increasing the use of country systems in financial management and procurement, and to decrease the use of parallel implementation units. The motivations for use of country systems to improve implementation effectiveness and efficiency include: scaling-up of development impact, increasing country ownership, facilitating development partner harmonization, and simplifying and reducing costs.
To address these needs in programme and project implementation, the UNDP Liberia has initiated a project to build the capacities of national institutions to implement UNDP funded programmes/projects and provide significant support for the gradual transfer from the current Direct Implementation modality to one of National Implementation across all projects and programmes in Liberia. The project is expected to improve overall performance of national institutions particularly in the following areas
- Programme management
- Financial management
- Development of National Implementation Manual for use by Government and partners on policies and practices under National Implementation Modality.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager – DIM to NIM, the Project Assistant provides programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
The Project Assistant works in close collaboration with the CO programme, SPU, operations, and project staff.
|Description of Responsibilities:|
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
Under the direct supervision of DIM to NIM Programme Manager, the Project Assistant will perform the following tasks.
· Support Programme Manager – DIM to NIM to undertake an assessment of current capacities and skills for national implementation in key implementing partners.
· Support Programme Manager – DIM to NIM in developing a Capacity development Strategy and Action Plan which defines a clear exit strategy which integrates and feeds into the wider UNDP project on National Capacity Development
· Support Programme Manager in liaising with implementing partners in the implementation of capacity building activities including programme management, financial management and procurement management of UNDP’s funded projects.
· Support the formulation of reporting templates and training guidelines for implementing partners.
· Provide support in maintaining the project accounts, and monitoring cash flow and prepare monthly and annual financial statements with supporting schedules.
· Conduct review and analysis of accounts payable, and initiate appropriate action for adjustments.
· Prepare receipts and maintain petty cash (if any), maintain efficient filing system.
· Ensure compliance with the financial/accounting and procurement requirements of the UNDP systems.
· Provide support in the procurement and administration of the Project logistics and supplies; follow-up with vendors for speedy delivery, and ensure that goods are received in good condition, properly maintained and accounted for and that payments are timely made for the goods and services received.
· In coordination with Country Office Transport Assistant, manage the vehicle(s) for the project including partner’s vehicle(s) serviced under the project.
· Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the project and monitoring of its implementation.
· Preparation of requisition in Atlas as required
· Provide support in the maintenance of the installations, equipment, premises and furniture of the Office that host the project, including assessing their cost effectiveness to advise management of their replacement and maintain updated inventory of office equipment, furniture, vehicles and supplies. Identify obsolete items in the inventory and advise Project Manager on appropriate administrative action.
· In line with approved workplans and specific request of the Project Manager, liaise with UNDP and other development partners on administrative, financial and procurement issues and ensure timely payment of salaries and payments to national partner(s) when applicable.
· Perform other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
q Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
q Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
q Shares knowledge and experience
q Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
q Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to Results Management, including collecting and collating information, resource materials on gender mainstreaming/equality, communication with diverse cliental groups—internal and external, filing and documentation, ensuring provision of information related to corporate priorities and gender equality;
q Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
q Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
Leadership and Self-Management
q Focuses on results for the client and responds positively to feedback
q Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
q Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Secondary Education. University Degree/Diploma in Sociology, Political Science, Mathematics/Statistics and other Sciences preferable but not a requirement.
3 to 5 years of relevant project and/or administrative experience is required; Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages (MS Word, Excel, PPT, etc) is a requirement; Knowledge of Atlas, database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems will be added advantage.
Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Qualified women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
· UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
· Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
· UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
UNDP Liberia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Liberia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements