378 - Driver (2 positions) - Monrovia
|Application Type :
|Job ID/Title :
||378 - Driver (2 positions)|
|Post Level :
|Application Deadline :
|Duty Station :
|Type of Contract :
|Post Number :
(for 100 Series Contracts)
|Languages Required :
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected canditate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :
|Expected Duration of Assignment :
Under the guidance and supervision of the ARR/O and direct supervisor, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
|Description of Responsibilities:|
Summary of Key Functions:
Provision of reliable and secure driving services
Proper use of vehicle
Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
Availability of documents/ supplies
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Impact of results:
The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues
Leadership and Self-Management
Focuses on result for the client
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license
2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
· UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
· UNDP Liberia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.
· We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Liberia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.